Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Discovering the Word


This is a man (posing for his missionary pastor as an example of his nightly routine) whose family and country do not approve of God's Word. In fact, he could be persecuted if he was discovered reading God's Word. His response?? He wakes up in the middle of the night, and reads by flashlight. You could say that I was challenged this past Sunday, by my pastor and the Holy Spirit, to "re-discover the Word". It was a reminder that God's Word was written to us, as a love letter. I want to study His Word less like a student and more like an art lover who appreciates the works of his favorite artist. I want to search and thirst.



While I was in Jamaica this past Summer, I was amazed at the children and their dedication to memorize scripture. SO, along with reading and devouring it....I want to commit it to heart. Here is my attempt to organize my scripture memory. I cut some scrap scrapbook paper and attached them with some leftover chain from another project. I'm writing the verses on the back. I've carried it in my purse this week so I could grab it whenever I practiced the verses. It's always nice when a practical need turns out a pretty product!