Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Treasures...



This refinish was the perfect size furniture for my entryway space, and it was my husband's baby furniture. That's right, my mother-in-law mentioned to me that she hated to get rid of it since she remembers the phone call (while she was in the hospital delivering my husband) saying that her furniture (which she loved) was being delivered, just in time.
It was golden wood and rather dry, so it was actually my easiest refinish yet. I barely sanded it, rolled on black paint, scuffed off the corners, replaced the hardware and added some poly.
I placed it in my entryway hall, and we use the drawers for storing those items you want to drop when youwalk in the door....keys, wallets, change, gloves, the girls purses etc. Each family member has their own drawer (or two), and the entryway stays tidy because of it. It is extremely practical and a family treasure.