Thursday, March 12, 2009

$3.00 Silk Drapes



I found the quilt man a few years ago at a Flea Market Extravaganza in Springfield Ohio. He sells the most beautiful quilts around, and he has discount bins as well. These discount bins, my friends, are where the treasures are. I dug through these bins to find several $3.00 duvets that were in a color I adored. They are a natural brownish copper or bronzed color and I had no particular plans for them at the time of the find. They are a fancy-silk (I had seen some in Pottery Barn for a small fortune). I later decided to turn the duvets into window treatments, and I did some minor re-working (I cut the duvet down the center and sewed a hem, then I attached the classic rings by clips and slid the on the curtain rod). A cream "Cinderella" bow makes them match my girls rooms. Once I discovered how much I loved them, I searched for the Quilt Man, and found that he also frequents the Hillsville Flea Market in North Carolina. Wouldn't you know...I found several more of these gorgeous duvets for $3.00 each. My whole house has beautiful drapes!