Friday, February 27, 2009

Home "Making"

Upon the advice of my friend, Breezy, I gave the girls their first sewing box. It was complete with all the necessities, needles included...and they were thrilled. After I carefully taught my five year old to thread the needle, stitch from the back, add a bead in the center of a flower etc...my three year old asked for her turn. I prepared to repeat the lesson when she informed me that she could do it herself, and she did.
This is a great gift both because they love it and because it will nurture the art, the thrill of creating, and the love of home making that I want for my girls. While they were sewing today, I sat their plates of cookies and a glass of milk on the table for them to enjoy as a special treat. Neither of them looked up from their work. After a moment or two (the completion of a thought), they looked over, graciously took a bite and offered a thank you. These are precious moments. My Prayer: Oh God, please romance the heart of my children for your kingdom.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a
workman that needeth not to be ashamed......II Tim. 2:15