Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The "Cliff Notes"



I am not a grocery expert, but after attending a class and surfing the web, I was encouraged to get organized.

I organized my coupons in a notebook with baseball card holders (suggested by Angela's class), and I have since seen this done with returned check holders from Office Depot. The above picture is of my coupon book.

Be patient. You probably will not become an expert overnight, but it is worth the effort. It will be second nature (and the time will be insignificant) once you get into the swing of things. And, you'll save more and more once you get really good at it.

Use the expertise of others...Here are my favorites (I check them nightly).
Money Saving Mom
Coupon Mom
Money Saving Madness
The Money Herder
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
The Grocery Game

Trust me, it is worth it....We could live off our pantry and freezer for months without visiting the grocery store (because we have stockpiled), AND we've cut our bill by about 70%.